Thursday, May 21, 2015

Serenading on the Beach


When Kelsey contacted me with the request to write a song dedicated to her and her husband for their 3rd year anniversary of their wedding day, I was excited to take on such a special project. As a songwriter, I had never had the opportunity to write a song and a story from someone else's perspective. Kelsey gave me her story of her and her husband and I immediately starting writing. The song that came to me came together in a way that I took it in and felt that gave the story justice. 

On Wednesday May 20th I was honored to be waiting on the beach with lit mason jars, floating balloons, and a guitar in hand to serenade them as they embraced one another and listened to the song that I dedicated to them. What a precious moment to celebrate marriage! And what a gift from God!

Here is the story that Kelsey gave to me and what I took from it:

"We met in December 2008. I was 14 and he was 17. A few months before I heard his voice on the phone and knew then that I would marry him someday. I didn't know why or how I thought that, but I did. In December he started talking to my best friend and through her, me and him became friends. After that relationship ended with them, everything started to fall into place. We began to talk to more and more. The first night we talked on the phone we talked for 4 hours. We had our first kiss at the bowling alley in Marianna. He was leaving and we were both pretty shy so he didn't want to ask for a kiss. He turned away and I grabbed his hand and asked if he was forgetting something. He looked around and started feeling his pockets for his wallet and eventually looked up at me with a confused look on his face. I just smiled and it took him a few seconds but he realized what I was asking for silently and he kissed me! He didn't have a car so we had to rely on our parents for rides to see each other. I lived in Sneads and he in Marianna so we only saw each other on the weekends. We were so selfish. We wanted nothing but to be together every second we could. I knew from the moment I saw him that he truly was the one i'd spend forever with. Over the next 4 and a half years we went through so much. So many ups and downs. Not knowing if we would make it. On January 7, 2011 he proposed to me. I was still a Junior in High School so I knew it would still be awhile until we would even think about a wedding. On May 27, 2012, two days after I graduated high school, we got married. The day I had dreamed of since December 26, 2008. It didn't feel real. And the day seemed to last only a few minutes. Two days after that we moved to Ohio so that Kody could start a relationship with his dad (who he had recently met after 19 years). Learning to live together was a bit of a challenge and still is! His dad turned out to be a disrespectful man to his own son and our marriage. Through all the anger and hurt and disappointment of trying to mend such a broken relationship and situation, we always loved one another through thick and thin. Kody and I had seen it all, we've dealt with so many challenges in our life and things that would break the strongest man, and somehow we have managed to push through every bit of it stronger than before and holding on tighter. We are perfect for each other. I remind him to ALWAYS stay positive and keep his head up no matter what the situation, and he keeps me grounded. I cannot imagine  another person on the planet that could handle me and my mess of a life! He's my best friend and my soulmate. May 27th will be our 3rd wedding anniversary. June 26th will be 6 and a half years together. My favorite thing I have seen is the beauty of growing up together and growing together in love."

What a wonderful wife Kody has! What a thoughtful and sweet woman to think of such a surprise. I am excited to see where their marriage takes them and am so happy that I was able to be involved in something like this!

Now that you have an understanding here are the lyrics to the song that I wrote for this happy couple. (The copyright to this song belongs to Mildred aka Aerial Melvin)

          ________________________________________________________________________________

"I've Loved You Always"


So in love, growing up
We had just enough, to never give up
Staying up late, competing with the moon
Just to get a chance to get to know you
I knew it from the start when you kissed my lips
And I held you hand, stuck in the moment

Chorus: 
We've climbed mountains, We've hid in caves
We've ran through deserts
Danced in the rain
We've traveled through the dirt, Promised for better or for worse
I've loved you always
And that'll never change

We said our vows in the month of May
Looking back now I wouldn't change a thing
With you is where I want to stay
Darling please don't give up on me

          ________________________________________________________________________________

Here are some of the shots I was able to capture of the happy couple! Credit to Aerial M. Photography.




                                                         
                                                                        
 


You can hear my original song called "I've Loved You Always" and watch the video that we took of Kelsey and Kody hearing it for the first time. Spoiler! It's so sweet and romantic!

Watch the video here!




With love,
Mildred

No comments:

Post a Comment