Sunday, June 15, 2014

How To Take Portraits Selfie Style

I am a photographer and I typically create candid photo shoots. Recently I had been asked to practice modeling photography to do model head shots and photo shoots. Unfortunately I was bored and also didn't have any models around to help me practice so I decided to do everything myself! Fun right? Yeah I'm lame.

..................................................................................................................................................................

So first I put on my makeup. I'm no makeup artist but I have had my fair share of practice on myself and my sister so I applied bold colors on my eyes and lips. I went for the cat look on the tips of my eyes and applied dark purple eye shadow close to my eye liner and edge of my eyes to give it a richer look. Always apply a light color of eye shadow closer to your nose for it make your eyes look bigger. Here is an example of my makeup in color:


To set up my "studio" (2nd bedroom) I have a mustard yellow wall that was available to work with along with natural light through the only window in the room! I then set up my camera on the camera stand, set the setting to the 10 second countdown, and adjusted my lens to a vacant spot. The natural light was coming in without casting any shadows on my face so I used my reflector only once. Here are the photos to give you an idea of what I was working with:
                                                                                                                                                                 

After I was ready to start shooting I just checked every photo I did in case I looked totally ridiculous and then kept doing different poses, knowing I would edit them anyways. The good thing about the 10 second warning is that my lens was able to auto focus when I would have to back up or do close up shots. Here are the results:

Of course these photo were pretty rough before I started editing the crap out of them but I think they turned out pretty good for being the photographer and the model at the same time! I saved myself some money and trouble having to get a model! Yay me! If you have any questions I may not have answered just ask I don't mind:)

.................................................................................<3<3<3..................................................................

With much hope and love,
Aerial Melvin
#aerialandtheboys

No comments:

Post a Comment