Thursday, August 21, 2014

My ALS Ice Bucket Challenge - Original Song by Aerial Melvin

Well Hello!

I am writing about something very special today. The whole media has been over taken with the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. I think it is a wonderful thing for people to be involved and donate for such a wonderful cause! However, I hope people know what ALS (Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) can do to someone and how horrible of a disease it is.

For those who don't know, ALS in simple terms attacks the muscles in your body where you lose mobility in your limbs, become paralyzed and eventually it leads to death. Every case is different, some progress slower or more quickly than others. It is such a sad, sad thing to see and it truly touched my heart when I saw the second part of Anthony Carbajal's ALS Challenge Video. I made this song after I watched him helping his mother and him saying how scared he was. My heart goes out to you Anthony, your mother and your grandmother.

Here is his video and story here(he does use a couple words that are sensitive to young audiences).
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/als-patient-anthony-carbajal-does-ice-bucket-challenge-talks-disease-2014218


I hope this song is a little more special than ice being poured over my head. (Not that I disagree with it).


Raise awareness in whatever way you can! Challenge yourself to learn more about this disease and donate at least $10 to the foundation for research to find a cure. The link below is where you can help!
https://secure2.convio.net/alsa/site/Donation2;jsessionid=39450595F434D8BFA27A70D6A09925A8.app295b?df_id=27420&27420.donation=form1


With much hope and love,
Aerial Melvin

No comments:

Post a Comment